Friday, January 13, 2012

Cowboy Chic -- 2012 folk art painting number 1


Back on January 1st, I told you that my youngest grandson inspired me to make a New Year's resolution to start painting again.  I looked up some old photos, and I realized it's been about seven years since I last painted.  

It's very easy for old folks like me to forget almost anything.  I couldn't believe how much I've forgotten about painting.  Thank goodness I have some old studies of colors, hues, tones, and shades.

I have no illusions: I know my art isn't very sophisticated.  I prefer whimsical folk art with lots of bright, cheerful colors.  What could be more fun than an Indian holding council with prairie animals while on a vision quest for a new spirit helper?

If you know me, then you know the horses on the left are Sunup, Cash, Zinger, and Kasidy.  I hope you enjoy this painting titled "Spirit Quest."

No comments:

Post a Comment